Hello Everyone :-) I'm a new here.

Hello Everyone :) I'm New Here, Here's Me.

Hello, well I've always quite liked working out, I used to go to gym but then stopped because of lack of time and money.
I started working out at home, just free body exercises (pushups, situps, dips) (Forgive me if I get any terms wrong lol)
I'm happy to be here, and mainly joined because I wanted to ask some questions to you Professionals here if I may, especially about how to avoid injuries, resting and nutrition stuff like that. I'll search the forum for the appropriate sections. Anyhow here's me. I'm 19 in 3 months, 185 cm tall, (about 6'1") and weigh about 70 kg (155 pounds). Stupid pic of me lol did it this evening XD

*removed pic as I hated it lol check last post to see How I Look Now ^_^

Attachments

• Zzzz.jpg
    Zzzz.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 3,647
Last edited:
Welcome aboard. You're looking pretty good, considering your height and weight; good body composition. Best advice re: injury prevention is have a properly balanced exercise program (so for every push have a pull in the same plain of movement; for every knee dominant lift do a hip dominant lift, etc), focus on good form first and foremost, and make sensible progressions (eg add 1 rep per set, or add 5lb to the bar; don't try jumping from 5 reps per set to 10 reps per set or from 100lb to 150lb).

^Thankyou so much Goldfish for your advice :)
Yeah, I think doing things in good form is the best thing, I hope I am.
Cheers, have a good day

Me two months later... I admit that Boxing really blew me away. It made me feel even sharper and just, more fit... New ways to workout, so many, makes that workout I used to do seem so boring, now I found new ways to improve exercises and make it more interesting aswell, and challenging. Generally feeling stronger and tougher now. It's true, I'm very thin, I probably even lost 4 or 5 pounds and I was already very thin, I'm at the point people and my parents consider me anorexhic or however It's spelt -.-
I'm just lean and tonic muscle I guess... Maybe I'm a bit obsessed with fitness and boxing but whatever, it makes me feel happy with myself and how I look and feel...

View attachment 5474View attachment 5475View attachment 5476

Attachments

• Wtf.jpg
    Wtf.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 1,528
  • 07042012764-001.jpg
    07042012764-001.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 439
  • 04042012754.jpg
    04042012754.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 674
June 28, Boxing nearly 5 months now. I'm so happy with it, perfect sport, I fight, and I get the best workout ever, you train till your dead, but it pays off.
Plus some situps and pushups on rest days too, heavybagging and running on other rest days occasionally. Soon as I get the money in about a month I'ma buy some new dumbells and my own bench so I can muscle build at home aswell.
Do I look okay...?

View attachment 5580View attachment 5581View attachment 5582

Attachments

• Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 311
  • back1.jpg
    back1.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 308
  • wanker.jpg
    wanker.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 1,018
wanker.jpg? lol..

Everything good except that LFC poster... **** club

Hahahahaha Cheers lad lol Yeah I like to call me silly names as I am a silly person after all taking pictures of me :p Fitness and working out and my body is All I have in my sad life lol

hahaha, then keep at it!

Boxing sounds fun, i've got a heavy bag at home and punch it to relieve stress on days i don't train for footy.

hahaha, then keep at it!

Boxing sounds fun, i've got a heavy bag at home and punch it to relieve stress on days i don't train for footy.

Cheers mate =) Yeah Boxing is my life now somehow...

Oh Good ;) Indeed it makes a great mate to beat up on bad days ^_^

I play footy too quite often, for fun with some friends :)

Thanks for the post man, Take Care ;)

View attachment 5625
View attachment 5626
View attachment 5627

August, 6 months Boxing, plus home workout which is my main muscle program, I go Boxing for Stamina and to Fight mainly.

How Am I doing for an ectomorph? :) I am working out as much as I can, I am happy with my new workout, I added dips which are much better for my triceps and do the job better, and also I'm doing more back exercises.

I need some nutrition advice as usual... Is it alright to have a can of tuna after workout? I always feel Nackered completely after I workout...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 287
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 292
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 3,019
8 months from the first picture I posted here. If I look at the first picture of me I posted back then I wanna throw up now -.-

Here's me now... I found a Good workout routine now I've been doing for a few weeks, basically all I changed is, I work harder now :) More sets, more reps, more sweat, more gain... I'm a hard-gainer ectomorph, but I personally feel I'm improving my shape slowly, and feel more mass, and generally feel stronger and more defined. Hope to keep going...

View attachment 5664 View attachment 5665 View attachment 5666

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 1,063
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 294
  • Need to work on Biceps more.jpg
    Need to work on Biceps more.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 1,539
A Month later, here's me after a month since I got my power tower. I may just be the usual prick, but I personally am very happy and notice the improvement, full Dips and Pullups completely renewed and stepped up my workouts. Now I need to stick at it for a long time.

View attachment 5695

Attachments

• Wanker.jpg
    Wanker.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 886
Last edited:
I think I've made some Gains in the past 12 months I haven't been here :D :D :D

View attachment 5976 <--- My L-sit (click to enlarge)

Here's a video of my Lat Spread wings :D [video=youtube;5TxMyEYiEZk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TxMyEYiEZk[/video]

Attachments

• a (2).jpg
    a (2).jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 208
Well I can't get the video to work but the still from the clip show you have been gaining well.
Are you getting in a good deal of leg work as well? Not easy with bodyweight training.
I know you are more into boxing than power work, more normal than I am, but a bit of leg power can still be good in the ring.
I do remember talking to one of the guys I beat after a bout. In the third round he knew his only chance of winning was a knockout, as I moved back to dodge a punch he glanced down to see what direction I was going and wondered what the hell a boxer was doing with legs like mine, and also knew he wasn't going to weaken those in the remaining 2 minutes. He was also kind enough to refer to me as the most infuriating bar steward he had ever fought, because at the end of the bout he had hurt me far more than I him but there was no doubt I had won.
It was always the thing I found cool about boxing. You go into a ring and hit each other then come out and talk as fellow sportsmen, so much the opposite to the way it's protrayed for the media. The bout I lost left me in the same situation needing a final round knock out, I decided not to even try, the other guy was just better than me and I learned so much it felt unjustified to try beating him that way, possibly a bit silly and there is nothing saying I would have succeeded anyway but it was a good lesson.

You could post these side by side on Fotogress. Check out my before and after

Back