Frustrated

Hi
I'm overweight do the odd walk now and again
Tonight decided to run uphill 200m. Ended up gasping for breath and coughing

Thought must have gone too fast so jogged few minutes. On way back breathing all raggedy and was knackered. I know I'm out of shape but surely that shouldn't be that hard. Also breasts hurt and I'm a man
I'm angry frustrated and disgusted with how I've got but how can I get fit running if a few minutes jogging is virtually impossible

Bmi 35

Walking will take forever to get fit

You Should try this with doing yoga may be it can help you in concentrating and to lose your weight. Good Luck

Hey Jacob I understand your frustration... I have been there myself I at one point was at my heaviest 280 LBS and I tried all the "diets" many different times only to find myself failing again. I needed an AH HA moment which I did with my second child and it sounds like you now have had your AH HA moment now its time to do something about it. You don't need to diet you need to make a lifestyle change, and it will not be easy I now weight 175ish and have been running for 3 1/2 years but I lost my weight 6 years ago. I started by using a free website called sparkpeople.net and put in there my goal weight and the weight I was and when i wanted to be at my goal weight, if my time frame was to aggressive (loose to much weight to quickly) it will tell you that; basically i had to cut my Calories to 1600-2000 of course I voted for the 1600 as much as I could. I also started to do P90X and trust me I was sore and found out how out of shape I was for the first month but little by little it did get easier... I also had a support system doing the workouts with me (my wife). Then I started weight training and only doing P90X Cardio workouts at a gym with a buddy (accountability partner). I also research what are good foods and bad foods and I don't really count calories anymore because I know what are the good foods and what to avoid and such.

I am telling all of this to tell you its time to get unfrustrated and its time to make a change in your life. YOU CAN DO IT.

My buddy once told me when we were weight lifting... I told him I couldn't lift the weight he put on the bar and he looked at me and said "of course you can't because you have already defeated yourself" that has stuck with me ever since and every since then I realize he hardest part about lifestyle change and fitness is the mind... Your mind will tell you I can do this, or I can go any further, or I am starving, but your body can do so much more than you think it can.

Remember Jacob YOU CAN DO IT.

Hey Jacob!
Even tho I have been training most of my life and I have been fit, running long distance hurts my lungs. I would strongly suggest that you started with another type of training before trying to run or jog. Maybe cycling? Cycling is a very good cardio-vascular exercise, healthier than running and very good for weight loss. Try this with some easy body weight exercises at first and slowly up your training times and intensity.
Wishing you all the best!

Back