For all those who have tried HIIT, please answer?:)

hi, i'm starting hiit 4x a week, and just wondering-if you've done HIIT and actually got results from it, how long did it take to see the slightest difference? Like e.g. belly shrinking etc...?

I'm 62 heavy. Do my intervals on treadmill, walk. Warm up, then do from 1 to 2 min at fast pace and raise the platform, then I slow down until heart slows to a certa Built in heart monitor. I noticed improvement immediately, not in weight but in how I feel. Could push it more on the next session. When I go to the weight room, everything feels better. Rest intervals between sets are less. I am a firm believer. Even at my age my muscles and heart respond to being pushed, feels great. Exercise and southbeach diet are seeing results in pounds and inches. SB diet specially good for belly fat and is heart healthy.

Thanks for the help, so from what you have writte, i undertsnad that HIIT improves ur endurance/stamina very quickly...
BUT
im asking, how long did it take you to actually see a slight difference in your body shape? Thanks!:)

Never done intervals for aesthetics. Always performance improvement only.
I have never done intervals for more than a few miles when running, and never use treadmills for it.
This is purely because I cannot keep them going any further than three miles or so before my body wants to collapse and I know going beyond would make me physically sick. I also like the sprint to start instantly and treadmills don't do that.
Personal opinion is that if you can keep intervals going as long as normal running etc. you aren't really getting the HI in HIIT.
Most of your fat burning will be on recovery after the workout as you will have been out of breath during most of it so have burned little fat then.
However you will be able to run faster within your aerobic threshold after a short time and this will increase fat burning capacity.

Back