Fat burners - making me sick?

Hey all... recently I added a fat burner from Vitamin world called Fireball extreme thermogenic support. I take 2 in the morning w/ meal, one with lunch, and two b4 my workout. I took them for about a week when I first got them....but only one / 3 times a a day bc my body really isn't use to caffene. Then I upped it to the recommended dose after a week. For some reason I have been feeling nauseous for the last 3 days and I have a dry cough... which is quite annoying. I'm not sure whether this is just a cold or if the pills are messing with my body. Any help would be much appreciated. (o: Thanks

p.s. I've been working out 5 times a week with cardio and weight training... I have lost 3 or 4 lbs in the last 2 1/2 weeks.

Yup, they can make you sick. Maybe you should ditch it.

I believe I get enough pain in the workout process 5 TIMES A WEEK. I'm really not trying to be rude.... but can anyone ANSWER my question about the pills making me sick. Thanks

I believe I get enough pain in the workout process 5 TIMES A WEEK. I'm really not trying to be rude.... but can anyone ANSWER my question about the pills making me sick. Thanks

Maybe you should ask your doctor. I don't think you would ask a stranger on the street for medical advice, so I don't know why you are doing it here.

Maybe you should ask your doctor. I don't think you would ask a stranger on the street for medical advice, so I don't know why you are doing it here.

I don't have a family doctor and I normally refuse to go to one for being sick...much less to ask a question about a stupid fat burner.

I was asking to see if anyone else had experienced nausea on fat burners. This is a FORUM used to ASK QUESTIONS.... so thats all I'm doing... asking questions. Thanks in advance everyone....

Yep, dizziness/nausea is exactly what you'll feel when a fat burner with stimulants is too much for you.

you really gotta start with 1/3 the normal dose for a week, then 1/2 the dose for another week.

sometimes you just can't take the full dose, even if you're a 230lb male...if you're a petite female you almost always have to cut back from the label dosage a little.

and always avoid ANY extra caffine, like diet soda, coffee, or even iced tea.

fat burners can work if you go with a quality product, AND your diet/exercise regimen is in tip-top shape.
they are best used to lose the last few pounds...not as a 'casual' diet aid.
they do, however, work well for amping you up for a workout...but that's a very personal choice, as there are side effects with ANY stimulant use.

Yep, dizziness/nausea is exactly what you'll feel when a fat burner with stimulants is too much for you.

you really gotta start with 1/3 the normal dose for a week, then 1/2 the dose for another week.

sometimes you just can't take the full dose, even if you're a 230lb male...if you're a petite female you almost always have to cut back from the label dosage a little.

and always avoid ANY extra caffine, like diet soda, coffee, or even iced tea.

fat burners can work if you go with a quality product, AND your diet/exercise regimen is in tip-top shape.
they are best used to lose the last few pounds...not as a 'casual' diet aid.
they do, however, work well for amping you up for a workout...but that's a very personal choice, as there are side effects with ANY stimulant use.

What are some quality products that you would recommend? I started out with half the portion then went to the normal recommended dose the second week. I def steer clear of anything with extra cafene in it...even if I'm not taking the pills..haha I believe my diet and exercise is in tip top shape....and I was pretty much taking these to get 10 lbs or so off of me. Just a lil pick-me-up, if I may. haha But if these pills are what are making me feel so sick then maybe I will cut back down to one pill with each meal instead of 2. And if it persists... I will just cut them out period. Which will be money wasted...booo!

I don't have a family doctor and I normally refuse to go to one for being sick...much less to ask a question about a stupid fat burner.
If you refuse to go to doctors when you are sick, frank forum posters are the least of your worries. When you are sick, are you visiting the local shaman or what?

I was asking to see if anyone else had experienced nausea on fat burners. This is a FORUM used to ASK QUESTIONS.... so thats all I'm doing... asking questions. Thanks in advance everyone....
Yes, it is for asking questions. It is not for asking all possible questions in the universe. If you would go to a doctor like a reasonable person would, he would be competent to diagnose you. No one here is competent to do so. Any myriad number of things could be the primary cause of your nausea. Don't make a post hoc ergo propter hoc assumption.

Enough bickering.

AJ look at what Malkore said like you did. Nausea can be associated to the pills. Eliminate the pills for awhile to see if the problem subsides. One pill that I would recommend is Hot Rox. Other than that I dont know. I would also try hard training and good diet by themselves for a while. See where you can get all natural :D

Tani - Telling her to go to a doctor because a fat burner is making her sick is so dumb I don't even know where to begin. She did the right thing by asking for other peoples experiences on it.

Tani - Telling her to go to a doctor because a fat burner is making her sick is so dumb I don't even know where to begin. She did the right thing by asking for other peoples experiences on it.

Ok, I just want to make sure I am understanding you correctly. It is your position that it is "so dumb" to suggest that a person consult with a physician regarding treatment for a medical ailment.

:yelrotflmao:

In this case it would be the same thing as stubbing your toe and then going to the doctor to find out why your toe hurts.

Nice choice on the smiley to accent your post. Funny, that's actually how I envisioned you: A head without a body rolling around indefinately.

Enough bickering.

AJ look at what Malkore said like you did. Nausea can be associated to the pills. Eliminate the pills for awhile to see if the problem subsides. One pill that I would recommend is Hot Rox. Other than that I dont know. I would also try hard training and good diet by themselves for a while. See where you can get all natural :D

Thanks for your reply. I actually HAD been working out 'all natural' for a long time now. I would have to admit I use to cheat though and eat some unhealthy foods. I have since then changed that though. I work out 5 times a week... doing cardio and weight lifting. I was just using the fat burners for extra energy. It has been rather hard getting this extra fat off of me. I was thinking maybe I hit a plateau ....

Maybe you should ask your doctor.

Here is a list of things doctors have told me about fitness.
  1. don't lift weights
  2. don't do squats
  3. don't take any supplements, ever
  4. don't do any exercises where you lean forward
  5. you are too heavy even though your bf % is 10%

I went to doctors until I was in college. I was on Antibiotics, allergy shots and all sorts of other drugs year round. I was sick of it so I stopped Going. You know what. I stopped getting sick and have been fine ever since.

My point here is that doctors do not know all that much about fitness. (much less anything else) and will never give you an educated answer about anything fitness related. (even if they do workout themselves, they probably don't though)

So asking about fat burners on a fitness forum seems like the smart decision.

I am speaking specifically about general practitioners here. Surgeons are another story.

Sorry I got involved. :)

Last edited:
Back