Emily Rose: The Reboot

Emilyrose

- Oh definitely, LaMa. I find him really interesting though so I hope we meet up again.
- Thanks Cate. I’m incredibly shy but I think I coped pretty well. I’m just so out of practice.

I am currently in my friend’s house, waiting for my dad to pick me up after an incredibly heavy night of drinking. I’ve probably felt worse, but I can’t wait to eat something and have a shower and sleep a bit more. I am playing tennis at 5pm, which I am happy about, as it will speed up the recovery process.

I played a game yesterday for 2 hours, it was really good fun. I love my club, I really do. It’s transformed my life in some ways.

I also had a weird conversation with a friend last night who was really drunk (the theme of the evening) and for some reason, she decided to bring up an acquaintance/friend that used to bully me really badly in school. And I just said that I honestly bear her no ill-will anymore whatsoever. Which was actually an astounding thing for me to say, because I never realised that I’d actually forgiven her.

There was something really cathartic about that conversation. I think I can continue to grow and change and leave my baggage behind me. I hope so anyway.

Cate

Support crew
It is so good to realise that you have forgiven someone who hurt you. I'm glad you have tennis now, Em. It has been good for you in lots of ways.