Do you read any fitness magazines ?

I reaad:

Prevention
Fitness
Self
Shape
Oxygen
Clean Eating (I really like this magazine!)
Muscle RX for Her
and
Health

Anyone ?

Just started Backpacker

I read Men's Health strictly for the advice column from Joe the Bartender..LOL

Nothing to do with the topless men then? ;)

I don't bother with mens fitness magazines anymore, they all seem to consist primarily of ads, filler, half naked men and cookie cutter routines. Apart from that I have a 1y/o boy who if he got his hands on it he'd rip it to shreds.

I just read articles on-line now, like T-nation, at least they have half naked women and not men.

I love Men's Health. Don't know much about the others. I also read Bicycling, but I'm a real beginner in that department. Would definitely read Runner's World if I didn't have a busted knee and couldn't run :(

Nothing to do with the topless men then? ;)

I don't bother with mens fitness magazines anymore, they all seem to consist primarily of ads, filler, half naked men and cookie cutter routines. Apart from that I have a 1y/o boy who if he got his hands on it he'd rip it to shreds.

I just read articles on-line now, like T-nation, at least they have half naked women and not men.

T-nation is cool because of the women, unfortunately, not much else. There are some good authors there, and I usually look at it once a week to see.. but god I'm sick of all the "coach x tells you how to put 2 inches in your biceps in 6 weeks" stuff.. Also the I bodybuilder stuff has got to be the weirdest thing ever.. how corny.. a black ops bodybuilding project?! Are they going to carry a squat rack and a barbell behind enemy lines and train there in order to get properly psyched up?
You need to take anaconda in order to up your insulin levels during your workout to increase protein synthesis (which is usually down-regulated while you train). Yeah right. even if insulin managed to overrun the cellular signals that down-regulate protein synthesis during exercise it would just make you run slower and lift less because protein synthesis takes energy. If we could build muscle and train hard at the same time, we, as a species, would be extinct a long time ago..

/rant about t-nation
they do have a lot of good stuff, though.. Eric Cressey, Mike Robertson, etc, mostly the people who talk about corrective exercises.

I don't really read any fitness magazines, I do go by some journals once in a while, like the journal of strength and conditioning research, to see what's up.

T-nation is cool because of the women, unfortunately, not much else. There are some good authors there, and I usually look at it once a week to see.. but god I'm sick of all the "coach x tells you how to put 2 inches in your biceps in 6 weeks" stuff.. Also the I bodybuilder stuff has got to be the weirdest thing ever.. how corny.. a black ops bodybuilding project?! Are they going to carry a squat rack and a barbell behind enemy lines and train there in order to get properly psyched up?
You need to take anaconda in order to up your insulin levels during your workout to increase protein synthesis (which is usually down-regulated while you train). Yeah right. even if insulin managed to overrun the cellular signals that down-regulate protein synthesis during exercise it would just make you run slower and lift less because protein synthesis takes energy. If we could build muscle and train hard at the same time, we, as a species, would be extinct a long time ago..

/rant about t-nation
they do have a lot of good stuff, though.. Eric Cressey, Mike Robertson, etc, mostly the people who talk about corrective exercises.

I don't really read any fitness magazines, I do go by some journals once in a while, like the journal of strength and conditioning research, to see what's up.
Yeah T-nation is mostly awful. It's really annoying to sift through the BS to find the good authors, but I still check it out once in a while.

Yeah, I see your point about T-Nation, it's turned itself into more of a Mens Health type mag who invented all that 'get cut in two weeks' BS in the first place. It does still have a decent training ethos though and the Atomic Dog articles are golden (and it has half naked chicks too of course :D).
The constant promotion of their suppliments within articles pisses me off though, like they don't even try and hide that they've sold their soul anymore

Last edited:
Yeah, I see your point about T-Nation, it's turned itself into more of a Mens Health type mag who invented all that 'get cut in two weeks' BS in the first place. It does still have a decent training ethos though and the Atomic Dog articles are golden (and it has half naked chicks too of course :D).
The constant promotion of their suppliments within articles pisses me off though, like they don't even try and hide that they've sold their soul anymore

It is really sad that they aren't even attempting to hide it anymore. I can't figure out if that's worse, or better that they just accepted it? lol. The Anaconda thing was utterly absurd though.

Don't know Men's Health. I love that one! :D

I read Men's Health and Runners Forum.

Back