Do you prefer to workout at home or gym?

gym for sure. you can meet some awesome people in the gym..

IN MY MIND. WORKIN' MY SPIRITS. STARTIN' FIRES WITH MA HEARTS. GETTIN' HYOOOOGEEEE.

Sorry, I miss Chillen, is all. What SkiBikeSwim said.

Thats exactly whats wrong with "fitness centers"

i dont think there is a problem talking to someone while doing cardio..maeks the miles go by quicker..while i'm working out i have my ipod on..and dont really talk to anyone..

to each there own..sorry

i dont think there is a problem talking to someone while doing cardio..maeks the miles go by quicker..while i'm working out i have my ipod on..and dont really talk to anyone..

to each there own..sorry

Thats okay, thats exactly why it is a fitness center and not a gym.
A GYM is a place where who want to lift weights go, a place not filled with countless cardio machines, a place where they don't have a rule against deadlifting or doing olympic lifts, a place where they have more than one power rack, and a real gym have people who actually train and not just do countless curl exercises.

A REAL gym is a place where people train, not sit and talk.
Not the same as a commercial fitness center like Bally's, LA fitness, 24 hour, etc.

This is why i love my dirty, cold garage.

I was a member of LA fitness for a while and, given my fitness levels at the time, it was probably the right place for me to train.

Since I got serious, I found it increasingly frustrating having to wait for the power rack/weight discs/bench press/dumbells etc. There was hardly ever a cardio machine free when I wanted one and they put a 20min limit on them at peak times!

So, for me - home gym all the way :)

I just started the gym this week (previously working out at home) and I haven't had enough experience to say 100% yet, but I love being able to get through my workout much more quickly due to the equipment.

The only thing so far that has been a little unnerving are the guys that watch like they've never seen a girl in the gym before.

Yep that happens! ^^

Im one of them, we dont get too many girls in our gym, its just pure mean lifting is my gym but more women have come recently and sh!ttt.....

GYM for definate...increases my motivation, i have more fun, talk to people etc etc

Weather it be commercial or not...I rather enjoy working out at 24 Hour Fitness. I really love the variety they offer under membership. Like being able to use their pool, spas, or join a group class helps me me from getting bored and makes it fun. You don't think variety helps you keep from getting bored?

i prefer to workout at home. i have my own weights, weight bench setup, treadmill, dvd player for fitness videos, etc., and i don't have to wait to use the equipment and deal with other people's sweat....LOL! oh, plus i save money on not paying a membership. i'm sure it's nice to socialize at a gym, so i guess that's the good part about getting to a gym rather than at home. also, i don't have to deal with a commute to and from the gym, so it's workout, then hit the shower right at home.

I prefer going to the gym. I live in an apartment and wouldnt have room for the equipment I need to work out not to mention the expense to get a decent setup. I also like the motivation of other people around with the same goals in mind. I tend to keep my MP3 player on and dont really conversate at the gym but watching others lift...the whole atmosphere gets me pumped. In terms of commercial gyms versus more hardcore gyms, I have done both. I currently have been going to LA Fitness; the convenience is a big factor considering there are 4 locations within 30 minutes of my house. I also like the pool, sauna, etc. The crowds can be a pain I will agree there...it can be tough to get onto the power rack and you might as well forget trying to workout in the early evening. I usually try and wait and hit the gym around 7/8pm now and its still pretty crowded then.

school GYM because they have olympic weights, power cages, power cleaning stages, and a DB rack instead of all my redneck equipment!!! :D
my barbell is too skinny so it hurts more when squatting then the fatter olympic bar :]]

Back