CrossFit Training

Has anybody ever done this?
What are your thoughts and opinions on this?

Jason Salamone

Sorry if there was already threads about this on here in the past

Last edited:
Hey Jason, ya theres been a few threads on this before. I would check out innerfights journal on the forum. Its not 100% crossfit and he told me that it can be adapted to fit your goals, weather ya wanna bulk or cut. Not sure what your goals are but its hi intensity stuff similar to crossfit. Hes even got a vid on there i think. Im currently puttin a plan together that im stealin :) from innerfight and incorporating it into my workout as the 4th week of the month for me is all calesthetic type stuff if yad call it that with some of the off the wall stuff i do. Back to crossfit, do a little research on it and then see if it matches your goals. Johnny

I definitely want to cut, not bulk.

It's interesting that you say you are adapting that as a potential 4th week workout. I currently have a 3 week (every week is different for 3 weeks), but I'm also looking to add an even different routine along those lines of CrossFit training for a 4th week workout regimen.

I have 20 more pounds of weight I want to burn off, but I'm afraid of doing too many intense workouts that will result deplete too much muscle mass. I don't want to have to make the decision as to whether or not I think I need to deplete muscle mass until I'm 20-25 pounds lighter, and my body fat percentage is around the 6-10% range.

Jason Salamone

Last edited:
Crosstraining has some good workouts. You might get some ideas from here too:

After viewin that site I noticed that everywhere ya went lead ya to a link where ya gotta buy either his book or vids to get any real info. I guess maybe ya could get some info outta their forums but hell, ya can do that here just as well.

After viewin that site I noticed that everywhere ya went lead ya to a link where ya gotta buy either his book or vids to get any real info. I guess maybe ya could get some info outta their forums but hell, ya can do that here just as well.
So you clicked the link that said products and were surprised to find books and videos??? :p

OP is looking for a different approach and thats what you will find there. Its not the typical bodybuilder routines u find here, thats why i posted the link. If you want to better your conditioning Ross's site is the way to go imo.

Nope, thats not what i meant. I didnt click on products either, click on articles and scroll down and you will see what im talkin about. Why try and sell books and stuff if your gonna post your workouts and plans on a website for free ? I didnt read the articles because most of the sites I see like this have teaser workouts that leave ya guessin, but after further readin, I see that there is some good stuff on there.

Nope, thats not what i meant. I didnt click on products either, click on articles and scroll down and you will see what im talkin about. Why try and sell books and stuff if your gonna post your workouts and plans on a website for free ? I didnt read the articles because most of the sites I see like this have teaser workouts that leave ya guessin, but after further readin, I see that there is some good stuff on there.
He has a few products, but hes also there to answer questions and he replies to every email he gets. Trust me its not a product based site and hes not a product based trainer. He trains fighters mostly and has a no BS approach to total fitness.

Nice to meet you Johnny. :)

Nice to meet you too wes ! Do you train in martial arts or mma ? Judgin by that site and all the fighters plus your avatar i'd say you do.

Nice to meet you too wes ! Do you train in martial arts or mma ? Judgin by that site and all the fighters plus your avatar i'd say you do.

No i dont, but im thinking of joining a boxing gym when i move.

The only reason i like Ross's stuff is cuz im so sick of everyone being so vain about fitness and hes really performance based. In the end its the health benefits of working out that really matter.

The only reason i like Ross's stuff is cuz im so sick of everyone being so vain about fitness and hes really performance based. In the end its the health benefits of working out that really matter.

No i hear ya there, ya should try jiu jitsu along with boxing if thay have that where your moving, some schools have both in one school. My routine now is lift then cardio for the first 3 weeks of the month, then my 4th week is all calesthetics but im tryin now to incorporate crossfit type stuff into my workouts on that week as I feel I should end my bulk.
Thanks for the friend request man :)

I hear you too. I am much more intrigued to get going on performance based fitness again. My workouts have only been geared towards fat/calorie burn with an improved physique. I just feel like I need to drop more weight before I know I could probably lose the wieight doing performance based fitness, but I'm holding off to do perfomance-based fitness, so I don't risk depleting muscle mass, as well as risk injury, strain, and inconsistency from burning out too quickly.

Jason Salamone

Ross is a good guy. I bought one of his books and he even emailed me to say hi. Good guy no BS.

I just can't access his sight from work. I can get to fitness.com.

Back