Checking back-in after 13 years!

Red Dragon

This is the first time in thirteen years I've checked-in to a weight-loss forum. Back in 2008 I lost a huge amount of weight: 98lbs in seven months. That was by virtue of calorie counting and exercise, and lots of help and advice from the forum.
Since then my weight has fluctuated and I've been on many diets; most of which have failed. I've spent most of the past thirteen years living in 'chubbesville' and I've finally decided that it's time to LOSE the weight and KEEP IT OFF!!! I don't feel self confident when I'm overweight, and this has had a wide ranging impact on my life from employment to my romantic life. I'm sick and tired of feeling this way!

One of the wonderful things about posting on an online forum such as this, is that interacting with other wonderful people who are on the same journey provides a huge motivating factor to stick to the diet. It's so easy to fail when you do things alone.

A little bit about me. I'm a 42 year old guy living in Wales, UK. I work professionally, but have been furloughed due to the current pandemic. I hope to return to work later in the year. But for now I've got at least a few months more off work to dedicate myself to self improvement.

Anyway, it's great to be here and I look forward to contributing to this fantastic community!

Hi Red Dragon and welcome to the forum! Sounds like you're coming in with a lot of experience of what does and doesn't work for you, which is great.
Have you got an idea of how much weight you want to lose? The diary section is by far the most active part of the forum so if you want to get to know the regulars that's the best place to go. Best of luck on your journey: we'll be here to cheer you on.

Hi, Red Dragon & welcome to the WLF forum. As LaMa said the diary section is the most active & interactive part of the forum. I think you'll find some good support there. You'll find it at Weight Loss Diary
I lost a lot of weight back in 2007 but unfortunately, it's finding its way back & I'll have to knuckle down & join you. What are your plans?

Hi Cate and LaMaria, and thank you for the welcome. My current weight is 192lbs, and the target weight is 160lbs. It really bothers me being overweight because I've reached a point (post lockdown) when I'm ready to start dating again. I want to look slim and wear nice clothes! There's nothing more embarrassing than meeting your date and having a belly thrusting out when you sit down. It makes me really self conscious lol. I absolutely HATE being overweight. Somehow it feels as though you're presenting an image of yourself to the world that doesn't represent the 'true' you.
My plans to lose weight are simple: Eat three tiny meals a day and don't snack ever. Also exercise daily. And only low calorie drinks. I won't need to calorie count because the meals will be so small.
I had intended to start the diet yesterday, and started the day well, but made the mistake of going through McDonalds drive through. I only intended to get a white coffee... But you can probably guess what happened next :rotflmao:
So from now on, no more McDonalds drive thrus!
I'm going to officially start my weight loss journey today by recording my weight here, and updating it every Wednesday. So here goes...

Incidentally, does anyone know how to add a graphic to your signature which shows a weight loss timeline (start weight, target weight, current weight)?

Incidentally, does anyone know how to add a graphic to your signature which shows a weight loss timeline (start weight, target weight, current weight)?
A weightloss ticker? I used to have one on another forum. I don´t think they´re visible here if you´re on mobile but tickerfactory.com offers them I believe.
Eat three tiny meals a day and don't snack ever. Also exercise daily. And only low calorie drinks. I won't need to calorie count because the meals will be so small.
I had intended to start the diet yesterday, and started the day well, but made the mistake of going through McDonalds drive through. I only intended to get a white coffee... But you can probably guess what happened next
If you have a ton of self discipline this plan may well work (and work well) but the McD experience shows it´s going to be difficult. Never feel guilty for filling up on veggies and lean protein to keep the hunger pangs at bay.

A weightloss ticker? I used to have one on another forum. I don´t think they´re visible here if you´re on mobile but tickerfactory.com offers them I believe.

If you have a ton of self discipline this plan may well work (and work well) but the McD experience shows it´s going to be difficult. Never feel guilty for filling up on veggies and lean protein to keep the hunger pangs at bay.

That's it! A weight loss ticker. I found that really helpful when I lost weight back in 2008.

Veggies and protein for the win!

You may have to wait a little while before you can post a weight-loss ticker, When you do you need the BB code.

Back