ChangingHabits

Hello, I am a newbie here. I decided in early April that I would stop eating fast food and to this point, I have. I began to eat oatmeal with a smidgen of browns sugar or berries EVERY morning and I can tell you the brown sugar is far better than McDonalds morning grease! For lunch, I eat cottage cheese with a fruit cup/piece of fruit or a small salad EVERY day and for dinner I eat whatever we normally cooked but eat a small portion, avoid bread, and eat more vegetables than carbs, then nothing else the rest of the night. Since April I have lost 18 pounds with minimal exercise as I have neuropathy and I broke my leg near the ankle in September of 2020 so I cannot do strenuous exercise. I do play frisbee golf on occasion and keep busy in the yard and such. I also gave up soda and drink water in its place! My goal is to lose 50 additional pounds by next April and I know I can achieve that goal by sticking to my routine. I can tell you it's very hard at first to pass on office goodies at work and at home but I just try to focus on how better I am and will feel by losing this weight. I will be 51 next month and the older you get, the harder it is to lose. Good luck all!

Thank you for describing every obstacle faced in losing weight in a coherent manner.

Hi, LifeStyleChangePittPA (is there something else we can call you that is not so long- PA maybe?) & welcome to the forum. Well done on making healthy changes & losing 18 lbs already. You're right about it being so much harder to lose weight as we get older, but it's doable & you are doing it. The diary section of the forum is the most active. You might like to check it out & start a diary of your own. There are lots of supportive people in the forum & you'll find most of them there. The link is Weight Loss Diary

Back