Australian Recreation Industry

Today I was doing some research on the Australian recreation industry and found that the industry employs well over 110,000 persons. This is quite a big deal in the scheme of things. It means the recreation industry in Australia also plays a large part in our economy whilst promoting fit and healthy lifestyles.
It was also noted that the recreation industry increases national pride as Australia is known as a sporting nation. It also helps our gross domestic product.
It has been shown that people who participate in positive recreation enjoy increased self-esteem, increased motivation, increased confidence, make and meet new friends and importantly decreases the abuse of legal and illegal drugs, decreases depression, obesity and suicide. There are many positive aspects of recreation on society and I think it is important for all involved in someway to promote recreation time to the people we know to form a healthier world.

Yeah especially the Personal Training side of things, that part is booming :)

Yeah it's going crazy. I have just got my qualifications in Gym Instruction and Personal Training (Certificates III & IV in Fitness) but the industry is booming. A lot of people have the qualifications but I've noticed many dont use it. So I'm not sure if they just wanted to get it for themselves and knowledge, or if they are having difficulty obtaining work.

Back