16 Male Building and Toning Muscle

Hi
I am a 16 male who lives in Canada and is looking for some tips to get into a regular workout routine and how to work our right. I work 2-3 times a week and play soccer 2 times a week. I have never really been on a regular work out schedule before and am looking to set one up around school, work and sports. There is a gym open at after school at my school but I feel self conscious starting to work out around people who have been for years now and are toned and stronger than me. If anyone has any tips for me that would be great!

Additional Information:
I have a gym membership just rarely used.
I am mildly self conscious about working out around people I know, I don't really know why.
I have okay cardio and muscular strength I just want to tone my muscles and keep my body fit and healthy.
I eat well and healthy with breakfast always included, lunch and dinner are healthy and complete: no soda in diet either.

I am about 6' 2" and 165lbs with lower back problems and sports induced asthma (under control all the time)

Thanks for the tips or workout ideas/routine.

Check out the stickies in young athlete development by Goldfish. He's one of the best generic trainers around.

Building & Toning Muslces

Well...you have to get over your self-conscious Sh$t.

If you want to stay lean (can see your abs), you have to eat clean. That means all the breads, pastas, and sugars are out. Eat mostly meat, veggies, and a little complex carb (sweet potato, Steal Cut Oatmeal).

Next, get into the gym and lift. You can workout 3 days per week. You don't need to be there long. Just jam your headphones in, bang out 3 Sets of 4-5 Exercises, and get out. Who really want to sit around in the gym for hours talking BS.

Hopefully that helps some. If you need more PM me.

Coach Ty Austin

Hi
I am a 16 male who lives in Canada and is looking for some tips to get into a regular workout routine and how to work our right. I work 2-3 times a week and play soccer 2 times a week. I have never really been on a regular work out schedule before and am looking to set one up around school, work and sports. There is a gym open at after school at my school but I feel self conscious starting to work out around people who have been for years now and are toned and stronger than me. If anyone has any tips for me that would be great!

Additional Information:
I have a gym membership just rarely used.
I am mildly self conscious about working out around people I know, I don't really know why.
I have okay cardio and muscular strength I just want to tone my muscles and keep my body fit and healthy.
I eat well and healthy with breakfast always included, lunch and dinner are healthy and complete: no soda in diet either.

I am about 6' 2" and 165lbs with lower back problems and sports induced asthma (under control all the time)

Thanks for the tips or workout ideas/routine.

Back