Llama

I hope you had something healthy & nutritious anyway, Llama & are deeply in the land of nod :sleep:
I think I had cheese puffs with a salad. The other day I ended up having stuffed jalapeños instead. Was definitely sleeping when you posted!
Amen! If I've learned anything during my journey, it's that it's just not that necessary to go hard all that often...even if running faster is your goal.
I think right now my goal is to run for longer, more easily. I'm sure overdoing it isn't going to help with that either so... I'm going to try being sensible and consistent.

Had a pretty good day. Really need to get back into cooking though, so I just spent some time looking for a new vegetarian chili recipe. Kind of excited for it, which is exactly what I need for cooking motivation. Very tired today so I'm off to brush my teeth and I may just be asleep by 9 pm.

Thanks Cate and Ben :)
Down 0.8 kg from Wednesday, which is 0.7 kg down from last week's low weight so I am going to pat myself on the back for doing super well during my period! I still feel lazy and greedy most of the time so I'm kind of surprised any time I lose any weight. I guess maybe I should try to be kinder to myself...

so I just spent some time looking for a new vegetarian chili recipe.
Yum! Yes I guess we'll both be moving into our colder season which will be nice for some good soups, stews, chili....That sounds actually super cozy....I think I'll look at some new recipes, or digging out some old ones I haven't done in a while...
Down 0.8 kg from Wednesday, which is 0.7 kg down from last week's low weight
Awesome!!

And I love the approach you are taking to running. It really makes a difference when one learns how not to overdo the training!

Thanks Vic and Liza!

Have been having a decent day so far despite some sweet cravings. I allowed myself some extra sweets in the morning but stopped well short of a binge. Was motivated to run this afternoon but then once I was 10 minutes in I kind of crashed, dragged myself along for a bit longer, and ultimately stopped even before the 3 km mark. It wasn't even that my legs didn't want to run, more like my nervous system wasn't all there. I'm sure there was a reason and I'm sure it'll resolve itself. Either way this was my bonus run for the week so it doesn't really matter. Realized I had half a portion of Szechuan chicken and rice left over so had that instead of making chili but I will bake my veggies today in preparation for tomorrow's chili because they're much nicer that way than just cooked in the stew.

Stomach hurt after dinner yesterday and I thought it was just because half a portion was still a lot of food but this morning I just had a tortilla pizza (really its more of a cheater Flammkuchen) with a small salad and I still feel like I let loose at an all you can eat buffet. Not sure why: had been doing reasonably well for the past couple of weeks. I did have half a fruity yogurt drink late yesterday afternoon and the other half after breakfast this morning. I don't remember it upsetting my stomach in the past but I hadn't had it for years and back when I did have it regularly my stomach was basically always upset so I might not have noticed.

Didn't feel up to going hiking today but at least pushed myself out the door for a walk around the block and the weather was so lovely I turned around after 5 minutes to get my hiking shoes and backpack anyway. Not sure how it'll go and clouds are coming in but this may be the last nice Sunday for months to come so I'd hate to waste it.

Actually made good tine but my stomach didn't calm down until 11 or so. Oh well. On my way home now and it'll be past 1 pm by the time I get there so I'd better think of something stomach-friendly to have for lunch. Shame I never know what my stomach will accept before I eat it...

Bummer, Llama. Hope your stomach continues to improve. Way to push through it and upgrade from a walk to a hike, though!

Thanks Ben :) The upset moved further down the line but at least my stomach didn't mind having to deal with lunch. (Which... was chili cheese puffs with large fries... 🙈 I know.) Maybe I did have something I'm allergic to? Can't hurt to take antihistamines just in case I guess.
Chili is bubbling on the stove so dinner should be solved. (It should only simmer but my stove's lowest setting still keeps a large pot bubbling. When I remember I turn it off for a minute or two occasionally but it's kind of dumb.) Don't actually feel like eating chili if I'm honest but then I don't feel like eating anything yet. Worst case scenario it goes into the fridge and I have a salad instead. Sigh. I just feel... blah. Not sick. Just blah.

I just feel... blah. Not sick. Just blah.
:( that sucks.
Hope the chili goes ok...
Not sure how it'll go and clouds are coming in but this may be the last nice Sunday for months to come so I'd hate to waste it.

I know what you mean about wanting to take advantage of the nice weather...yesterday I had a run and a walk, but i still felt like i was wasting the weather by staying in the rest of the day! It's hard when we know winter is coming...

Thank you, Liza :) Chili turned out lovely, so that's something at least. Had a small enough portion that my stomach wasn't upset but I did still feel a lot fuller than expected. Which of course is lovely when you're trying to lose weight but also dangerous. Have to keep in mind I underate (yes, despite having had McDonald's for lunch) when the bottomless pit state hits in a couple of days.

In order to keep some kind of momentum I need a plan for tomorrow. Things I really want/need to do before work:
- Gym. Monday morning gym has to become a habit.
- More laundry. It's the start of the month and that means 2-3 extra loads of laundry for my duvet/mattress cover/pillows in order to stay on top of the house mite load. Yay allergies...
- Covid test. Last week I forgot and this blah feeling could absolutely be my body fighting a virus.

Anything else is optional.

Food plan:
- Cheater Flammkuchen with cheese, sriracha, mushrooms, and a side salad.
- Bean chili
- No idea for dinner. Tuna salad might be nice?

I hope the blah feeling disappears soon, Llama. I have a bit of an upset stomach at the moment too & am trying to work out what caused it. I think I'll stick to very plain food.

In order to keep some kind of momentum I need a plan for tomorrow.
I always find that so good to get a plan written out when the momentum isn't flowing naturally. For me it's often when anxiety hits and I just want to freeze into place on my couch watching netflix. I always feel better when I get myself to actually do things instead. Your plan sounds great!

I hope the blah feeling disappears soon, Llama. I have a bit of an upset stomach at the moment too & am trying to work out what caused it. I think I'll stick to very plain food.
Thanks Cate :grouphug: Feeling less blah (and my covid test came back negative) but my digestion is still a bit off and it's annoying.
I always find that so good to get a plan written out when the momentum isn't flowing naturally. For me it's often when anxiety hits and I just want to freeze into place on my couch watching netflix. I always feel better when I get myself to actually do things instead. Your plan sounds great!
Same for the freezing in place except I watch Youtube 🙈 I didn't fully follow the plan but I did a lot better than I would have without a plan!

I thought mine had as well but after lunch I suddenly felt like a blimp again. Then I remembered I was going to run today... I didn't want to, but I put my shoes on anyway. Then I felt like I wasn't going to make it to the first corner, but I did. Then I thought I wouldn't make it to my 3 km minimum, but I did. Then I thought I was going to drop onto my doorstep half-dead and skip even my cool-down, but I didn't. Then I thought I wouldn't make it up the steeper slope on my medium round (4.5 km) so I went for the longer (6 km) round instead thinking I'd just jog until the start of the slope there... and then I kept going up the slope until the 5 km mark and walked the last 1 km for my cool-down. Thursday and Saturday are definitely going to be short runs but I'm so proud of myself for not giving up even though it was hard.
The stabilizing muscles in my shoulders are still quite sore from yesterday but I need to get my routine solidified so if they're not better by tomorrow I'll go to the gym anyway and just do a little light cardio and maybe some back stuff.

I find those runs so empowering and uplifting and encouraging--to go through the motions when you're not really feeling it and then to find you have the strength and energy to do far more than you thought you could. I think once you do a bunch of runs like that it really helps to just know that you don't have to feel pumped to go on a run. You can feel tired, depleted, bored etc and still do it. Always still good to listen to the body-- good not to push it too hard obviously, but often once the run begins we find energy we didn't know we had!

I think once you do a bunch of runs like that it really helps to just know that you don't have to feel pumped to go on a run. You can feel tired, depleted, bored etc and still do it.
I hadn't thought of it like that but you're 100% right.
That really is something to be proud of, Llama. Well done!
Thank you! Very happy with myself.
Woke up just past 4 am this morning and gave up on sleep by 5. Went to the gym and did the minimum because anything around my shoulder blades is still sore! Enjoyed myself though, so that's nice.

Back