Floater's diary

What an awful person. That really sickens me :smash:
I keep thinking about that job and if I should try it after all. Harrowing. I´d be risking a lot for very little pay.
Read back over last Friday's post, Floater. It doesn't seem like a good thing for you, but only you would really know that. Your health is more important than anything else.

Might there be an option to volunteer for an animal shelter or something? Lower stakes but with a similar sense of accomplishment.

Hey Floater
Just catching up...I can feel your disappointment about the job quite possibly being too much for you to take on.
I've had so many times of wanting to fit in in a way that just doesn't work and getting that subsequent stress and burnout and then trying to recover from all that...
It's hard.
You give back just being you. Nothing needed beyond that. if you find some places that feel good for you to volunteer at or whatever also good.
So glad you gave that feedback about that terrible worker at the helpline. Pretty scary that he would be there to answer calls from people feeling vulnerable.
Take care Floater and just keep being you!

Thank you @ Liza!

Against all odds, the trans clinic appointment went well! I´ll just redo the interview portion with a new interviewer. :) Finally something goes my way!

I went to the hardware store with an autism assistance person today, and bought a Reuben sandwich on the way home. The dog grooming place called me and told me I didn´t get chosen, they had no complaints or constructive criticism, they just had had a lot of good applicants. I´m kind of relieved. If I want to reapply, I can do so next year, but we´ll see.

Having a bit of a blue evening.

Glad that you didn't gave to take any big decisions or burn bridges but I can understand that it still leaves you a little blue :grouphug:

I must admit I'm a bit relieved too. Take care of yourself & try to eat well. I don't think you need that stress :grouphug:

I´m so happy, Heikki finally has new, safe, wooden shelves, and they look so much better than the old plastic ones too. He also has a new hidey hut so now he has two to choose from. He seems excited about his new cage decor!

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-09-29 at 11.31.58.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-09-29 at 11.31.58.jpeg
    429.1 KB · Views: 10
Strange. I´m not doing well. Going outside feels absolutely terrifying. I SHOULD go buy some groceries and take out the trash but the idea of going out makes me want to cry. I have no idea why. This is a new issue for me. I always liked to go for long walks in the woods but now? I just don´t feel safe enough to go. Rationally I know it´s perfectly safe outside but my emotional mind won´t believe that.

Anxiety can just appear out of nowhere & manifest itself in weird ways. I can rarely work out where mine comes from when it rears its ugly head. Do you have assistance coming over tomorrow? Hopefully, it will pass quickly :grouphug:

@Cate yeah I have assistance coming over today and I also have therapy and try to go to the gym even if just for one squat. The anxiety passed yesterday after I managed to go for a walk and buy some groceries, I did buy a 0,33l hard seltzer but I´m not going to fret about that. Now I´ll try to choke down some breakfast and then pack my gym stuff

Therapy was good, I had a cheeseburger and went to the gym after and had a long walk, now having some store-bought cottage pie and planning to go on another walk before Heikki wakes up.

How was your Sunday, my friend?
Spent battling with anxiety...

Back