Llama

Thanks Cate, Marsia, and Floater! Work was exhausting today and I haven't done much after but I did eat well enough. Resisted the urge to binge. Had pea mash/grilled bell pepper/pistachio/arugula wraps for breakfast, vanilla protein pudding with added mango and raspberries for my snack, corn cakes with cheese and pickles for lunch, and airfried potatoes with broccoli and Selchfleisch for dinner. May have some grapes later. Period should start tonight or tomorrow so I'm relieved not to have any insane cravings. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

The wraps sound so good! Congrats on not binging despite being in the danger zone due to those pesky hormones :grouphug:

Thanks! They really were delicious. I was a little peckish after dinner but didn't feel like eating so I didn't and now my teeth are fresh and clean so it's too late anyway.
Plan for tomorrow:
- Run.
- Tofu&veggies. Didn't want it today.
- Chicken salad.
- Pea mash wraps, same as breakfast today.
- I think I have a cup of cherry protein pudding left and I'll probably have that with more raspberries. Or maybe those grapes.

That sounds like such a healthy day's eating, LaMa & no binging urges with your period coming up is an excellent sign. You're well & truly back on track. You must almost be back to your happy weight. Good for you xo

Your food sounds so so delicious! I agree with everyone - so glad you are back on track and eating so healthy! I think men should have to share the burden of whacko hormones and cramps!

no binging urges with your period coming up is an excellent sign.
I hope so, but I won't know until the next one. I don't know if I mentioned it but I used to alternate between a bearable and a hellish period every time.
You must almost be back to your happy weight.
6 more kilos at least and 8 to 10 if I'm serious. 80.9 kg this morning (up half a kilo from Monday but that's to be expected with period bloat), with 35.3% bodyfat according to the scale. I might get a body composition scan done at 75 kg to get a better idea of where I'm at.
I think men should have to share the burden of whacko hormones and cramps!
The way many boys are currently socialized it would probably lead to violent murder all over the place and the men who DID get a modern upbringing don't deserve the torture. But there are definitely moments when I'd love to hit a willfully misunderstanding dude with the cramps, cravings, existential dread, and wave of blood he expects me to accept silently.

I will be very happy to get back to somewhere between 75-80 kg. You're doing well, LaMa xo

Thanks Cate :) I was very hungry after my morning run AND forget to add the carbs to my tofu thing so I got myself a bologna roll while grocery shopping. Think that was sensible because before that I was tempted to get two half-baguettes on my way to work (one for lunch, one for dinner) and afterwards I was motivated to prep the stuff I´d planned. And prepped tomorrow´s bean mash as well. Off to work now: wish me luck.

Thanks, Floater. Time for bed and I'm a little hungry again. I guess the period pangs are making themselves felt after all. I may add some extra fruit and/or nuts to my provisions tomorrow. Speaking of which I plan to have
- Bean mash (with chia, tomato paste and chili powder), bell pepper, sriracha, and lettuce wraps
- Raspberry protein pudding with mango (and possibly raspberries or cashews)
- Take-out. Need to check if the sushi place is open!
- Red lentil stew

Your planning is serving you really well, LaMa. I'm looking forward to being back closer to maintenance & being able to fit in some nuts again.

Failing to plan really is planning to fail for me. The healthy(ish) option HAS to be the easy one or I'm out. And when I do plan I'm rewarded with much more delicious, satiating food than any I can buy anywhere close to my budget or anywhere close to my calories.

PS: still drinking like a camel without having to pee much so I assume the bloat is getting worse.

Feeling very energetic though.
And that turned 180 degrees right after lunch (which was crackers and cheese rather than sushi because they are closed :( ). Had a nap and feel a little better (waiting for my red lentil stew to be done now) but am not looking forward to having to stay awake through 90 minutes of Zoom for Turkish. Even less so because I´m still kind of annoyed the teacher didn´t even message us to explain what went wrong, to tell us what she covered, or to give us homework. Even though I sent her an email.

Got myself through my class with a liter and half of diet Pepsi (and a shot of gin) so I may not sleep very well. Lentil stew was good though. Plan for tomorrow:
- Pinto bean/veggie wraps.
- Mango protein pudding with a small apple and a handful of raspberries.
- Maybe a half-baguette with ham and cheese? Add lettuce and hot sauce.
- Pitabread with airfried tempeh and a side of broccoli? I should probably get up and marinate some tempeh before I go to sleep then. Brushed my teeth already though so I can taste the marinade for seasoning :confused: Oh well, I'll just have to go by eye and nose...

It's so fantastic you are sticking with the planning. Your food just sounds so fresh and delicious and like at some point junk food will just taste awful in comparison when your taste buds don't have any for a while. (That's what happens to me anyway - my taste buds just hate sugar and crap after not having them for a few months straight.). I hate when I fill up on liquids because of unquenchable thirst, and then I am usually in the car or somewhere really inconvenient when all the liquid comes back to haunt me. Glad it made you energized though! Are you enjoying the Turkish classes except for the weird gap?

Thanks Cate and Marsia. Didn't sleep too badly but did lie awake for an hour twice. Anxious, probably due to the caffeine, and struggling with intrusive thoughts on my way to work. Doing better now but it's exhausting.

at some point junk food will just taste awful in comparison when your taste buds don't have any for a while.
In a way they have, in that I genuine prefer the food I have on good days. But on bad days I want the overly sweet and creamy or salty and crunchy things and the stupor that follows. Even more so when the unhealthy version takes no work at all.
Are you enjoying the Turkish classes except for the weird gap?
I do enjoy them while they last. The teacher is thoroughly engaging and funny. But she lacks structure and I'm not sure I'm really learning anything. Maybe the best solution would be to get and use Babbel again with the "real" (online) course running alongside it for motivation. I don't know yet.

Back