Marsia's Diary

I cleaned all my mom's brushes today and sorted them in with mine. There are all sorts of different kinds, and it made me feel so spoiled how nice my collection is now.
That's wonderful. I inherited my granny's knitting needles when she died snd it makes me so happy to see them in with my crafting stuff.
Also: If I had known it's possible to be a mushroom photographer 25 years ago my life would've been different!

HI Marsia,
Just catching up a bit after a few days away from the forum. I really love the sound of your mom's art supplies melding with your own--both the sketch pads and the paintbrushes--what a wonderful way to stay connected.
It felt really good to channel my anxiety over the move into packing. I think I'm learning to push myself in smarter more zen tortoise-y ways instead of stressful ways
That sounds super good as well--all this real life stuff of how to move with the anxiety present in our lives is just such good practice for all of life in general. Anxiety probably will always be there but it's really how we respond to it is what matters.

they say you can't fight your emotional state because then you are just fighting yourself. Instead you can just accept it and it will leave when it feels heard.
I like this. I was feeling really anxious & uptight this morning & this resonated with me. I went for a walk & shed a few tears along the way & then I got over myself. If having put on weight is my biggest worry then I don't have much to worry about.
That is really brilliant photography, M. I'll have a good look later.

I think I do the feeling of feelings with anger and sadness when it's bad: turn on the most campily appropriate music and really lean into it. Maybe I should try it with more subtle stuff, too.

I know that driving will be slowing down your packing, but at least you get more K chatting (& singing) time. Hope you have a very productive & positive day, hon after a good start.

I like your idea of moving with the anxiety. It's like how they say you can't fight your emotional state because then you are just fighting yourself. Instead you can just accept it and it will leave when it feels heard.
Yes I like sometimes to think of it as my child self--just listening to all her worries as I walk along. Not shutting her up or dismissing her, but just being there and listening.
I do find walking is certainly helpful and yes excellent when tears can be expressed as you mentioned Cate. Good release!
Anyway, the contractor is here this morning, so it should be a nice productive day of packing. He's a very happy positive person, and I just like having him around working - it helps me get motivated!
That's so great that he's fun to have around and helps you get motivated too!

That's such a good way to think of it. It is frustrating how much homework she has and how many after school activities so I don't get to see her very much. It's going to be so nice when I am rested and can spend more quality time with her again!
I found car time to be the best time to have decent conversations with our sons
I feel like I've turned the corner with packing and that I should actually get almost everything out of here in a month.
Yay!! Good for you 👏

It sounds like you are really gaining some momentum with your packing, M. I think I should do some balancing & stretching exercises this week too. I might be a zen wombat! I really, really need some good food. I hate how junk food makes me feel.
I'm sitting on the couch with a happy purring cat in my lap and a kid sharing the blanket while finishing homework.
Nice :grouphug: I have Arch on my knee at the moment, in front of the fire. It feels so good.

Not fighting reality Is a very smart idea. The zen wombat approves. He also says he's in shape. Round is a shape.
Have a great week, Marsia xo

That's great that you are continuing to practice relaxation techniques Marsia. Acceptance works well for me too, rather than fighting. As you say, a difficult practice, but a good one. Sometimes when I notice I'm tensing up and I notice it (lately when I'm out shopping...) I pause and try to just relax because how is being tense helping me at all??
I'm really glad to hear the packing is really getting going now--will be nice for you to see the space getting clearer and clearer!

How nice that you got to go to the beach. Zen wombat would have had trouble on those rocks :)
You are getting so much done, hon & it's good that you can focus on each task, rather than letting everything overwhelm you. Taking some time out to relax must help.

The beach time sounds lovely--good you took the opportunity while it was too hot to get much done. Scampering over rocks sounds like a lovely way to practice balance!

Sometimes oversleeping is just what you need. Did you know that when honeybees have to keep doing their dance for a long time they´ll change it over time to adjust for the the changing angle to the "moving" sun?

Bees are fascinating creatures 🐝
I'm glad you got to sleep in. I'm also glad that you are taking the time to fit small excursions in with your packing & cleaning. You're a smart cookie, M 😘

I soaked them in warm soapy water and walked all over them for a while which was very relaxing and nice, then rinsed them and wrung them out and put them in the dryer. I actually think I did a better job at getting them clean than the washing machine does!
You really are the best at making lemonade from all those lemons :)
Tried meditating last night and just kept falling asleep, so better get to that now!
Sometimes sleep is more important. I hope it was easier today now that you´re more rested.

I just realized, in 2 weeks, most of this will be behind me and soon I won't be saddled with this huge house and tons of stuff. Wow, I get to go have a life. Imagine...
Wee hoo! You are blitzing this, my friend 🥳

Back