GalleryOnce again, fitness.com is here to reveal some interesting but realistic facts about your overall health and well-being. From eating, to exercising, to sex, to tanning, we've got all the eye-opening facts!
1. Getting in your fruits and veggies can help the body produce its own form of Aspirin. After a study done by the Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry, participants who ate fruit and vegetables containing benzoic acid, could produce their own salicyclic acid. This is the main ingredient in aspirin that makes aspirin an anti-inflammatory pain reliever.
2. Watching yourself in a mirror while running on a treadmill, will make your workout go faster.
3. Honey can soothe a hangover.
4. Garlic can help cure athlete's foot.
5. Baking soda helps whiten teeth.
6. Your kitchen sink is dirtier than your bathroom sink. There are approximately 500,000 bacteria lurking around your drain alone. Over 50 million bacteria in a single colony can live on one sponge.
7. Using a diary for weight-loss purposes can double a person's weight loss efforts.
8. Sexologists can determine a woman's orgasm history, solely by the way she walks.
9. Oatmeal, citrus fruits, and honey can improve your sex drive, and boost fertility. Oats produce a chemical that sends testosterone into the blood stream, which then increases orgasm and sex drive as a result. Vitamin C in citrus fruits ups a males' sperm count, and Vitamin B found in honey helps the body produce estrogen which is key for arousal and blood flow.
10. Walking either in water, against the wind, or wearing a backpack burns approximately 50 more calories an hour.
11. Regular exercise can lower a women's cancer risk, but only if she is getting an efficient amount of sleep.
12. Rinsing your nose with salt water can help fight allergies. Dr. Melissa Pynnonen from the Michigan sinus center says that nasal irrigation is an inexpensive way to find relief from allergies, stuffy nose, and nasal congestions.
13. After a study done at Cornell University, researchers found that people who enter their homes through an entry way that is close to the kitchen tend to eat 15% more than those who enter farther away from the kitchen.
14. Smokers are four times more likely to experience feelings of restlessness after a night's sleep than non-smokers.
15. It is impossible to get a tan from your computer screen. The Computer Tan Website was created to raise awareness against skin cancer. Back To Articles