A delcious 680 calorie mea. One of the bigger meals you can eat for the day with 49g of protein. Very fulfilling. I found this reciepe on a blog called http://dietsforweight-loss.blogspot.com/ It also has other yummy reciepes on it but this is the best by far! Going to prepare it tonight!
- Kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 zucchini, thinly sliced into half-moons
- 4 4-ounce thin skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Freshly ground pepper
- 12 ounces fettuccine (preferably whole wheat)
- 1 tablespoonall-purpose flour
- 1 cup cold low-fat milk (1%)
- 1/2 evaporated non -fat milk
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 1 clove garlic and cook 30 seconds. Add the zucchini, cover and cook until tender, stirring, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- 2 Heat another tablespoon oil in the skillet over medium-high heat. Season the chicken with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook through, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
- 3 Cook the pasta in the boiling water as the label directs. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking water; return the pasta to the pot.
- 4 Meanwhile, whisk the flour and low-fat milk in a bowl. Place the remaining 1 clove garlic and 1 tablespoon oil in the skillet and cook over medium-high heat, 30 seconds. Add the flour-milk mixture and bring to a boil, stirring. Reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Add the evaporated milk 1/2 teaspoon salt and the cheese; stir to melt, 1 minute.
- 5 Cut the chicken into strips. Toss with the pasta, sauce, zucchini and parsley, adding the reserved pasta water to loosen.