For those of you that have weak stomachs (like me that can't have lactose or gluten), this is a perfect recipe.
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 200ml rice flour
- 3/4 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup lactose-free milk
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 Preheat oven to 400 F and place your skillet in the top 1/3 of the oven while you put the ingredients together.
- 2 Mix all the dry ingredients together (cornmeal, rice flour, baking powder, salt and sugar).
- 3 In a separate bowl, mix the liquids (lactose-free milk, vegetable oil and eggs).
- 4 Combine all the ingredients and mix. Take the skillet out of the oven, pour the ingredients into the skillet and place back in the oven for 20 minutes.
- 5 For optional finishing touches, you can broil the last minute to get a nice brown top (but keep an eye on it because it browns quickly). You can also put a thin layer of butter on top.