The Best and Worst Sex Foods
Now who would have thought that something as simple as food could increase or decrease the benefits of sex? Low and behold we have found the foods that will improve your sex drive or at least turn your partner on.
For him: What foods get the male blood flow going?
1. Soluble Fiber and Antioxidants: These two edibles are the most reliable sources of circulation enhancers and can help bring on erections easily.
Soluble fiber helps cholesterol flow through the digestive system before it is broken down and absorbed into your arteries walls. This keeps the circulation of blood flowing allowing it to reach those parts down below much quicker and easier.
Antioxidants on the other hand are known to attack free radicals in the body, before nitric oxide levels decrease. Nitric oxide helps to deliver oxygen to the blood therefore the higher the level of nitric oxide the better the overall blood flow. Some great antioxidants to try out are any type of berries including: blueberries, raspberries and cranberries, as well as broccoli, tomatoes, and sweet potatoes.
2. Scents of Cinnamon Buns, Pumpkin Pie, Doughnuts, and Black Licorice: Scents for men have the ability to rev their engines. Researchers believe that scents evoke a nostalgic memory to keep men relaxed and become more aware of sexual cues. After a neurological study done with 25 medical students monitoring penile blood flow, researchers found using a wide range of scents that cinnamon buns ranked number one for activating the sexual senses in a male. Pumpkin pie, Doughnuts, and Black Licorice also ranked fairly high on the list to name a few.
For her: What foods get the female hormones going?
1. The 3 Cs - Caffeine, Calcium, and Chocolate:
Caffeine: Even a small caffeine buzz can help increase blood flow to the genitals, making nerve endings easy to access and stimulate.
Calcium: is also known to increase blood flow in the body especially for women.
Chocolate: this sweet has a ton of chemicals that can help lighten your mood including anadamine, and phenylethylamine, which help produce an amazing euphoric feeling.
2. Cranberry Juice: This life saver can really help keep your sex life safe. Twenty percent of women suffer from urinary tract infections in the world today. Urinary tract infections are caused by bacteria from sex being pushed up into the bladder, and can further cause kidney infections. You can rid yourself of this risk though, by drinking half a cup of (unsweetened) cranberry juice each day. Researchers have proven that cranberry juice can help prevent the risk of urinary tract infections by thirty four percent.
For Both: What foods get both men and women going?
1. Egg Mcmuffin: A bacon and egg Mcmuffin may seem like a very unhealthy meal choice, but for sex this food combination is very beneficial. It contains zinc which helps keep the woman lubricated and the ingredient that the man needs to produce semen. It also contains a B vitamin that helps trigger explosive sneezes and orgasms.
2. Ants on a Log (Celery, Peanut Butter, and Raisins): This is a great snack for both sexes.
Celery is packed with androstenone and androstenol; two pheromones that can help men attract women like the plague. Every time you crunch on celery these odor molecules are released that help to boost arousal.
Peanut butter, containing nuts with mono-unsaturated fats, are a well known source of arginine an amino acid that helps produce blood flow. Men that eat healthy fat found in nuts are also known to have high amounts of testosterone.
Raisins are packed with lignans, which are phytoestrogens that balance womens hormone levels. They are also a source of antioxidant which helps increase blood flow down below.